Thursday, November 21, 2013

C4T November

The Ever-Evolving Teacher's
Marzano Teach Led Factors
The teacher's view of his/her students.

The Ever Evolving teacher posted a blog relating to a chapter in Marzano's book. They explained how the book gave three factors that influence students achievement. The three factors are instructional strategies, classroom management, and curriculum design. The Ever Evolving teacher explained that students' achievement was based off the teacher's ability to create an environment based on respect for one another and a teacher-student bond. They agreed with Marzano's ideas for student achievement and followed with a fourth by Creemer (1994), student grouping to the mix.

In my comment:
Hello,
My name is KeNesha Brown. I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. I would like to say that I enjoyed reading your blog post. I agree with Marzano's three factors for students' achievement. The more I get into my educational studies, I am learning more and more about teaching strategies and ways to approach kids learning. Even though kids learn differently, teachers much approach them with the same material but on different levels. That's why it is important to have instruction strategies, classroom management, and curriculum design. Thanks for sharing an awesome post.

Ever-Evolving Teacher
Presence ( Lasallian Concept)
The Ever Evolving teacher explains that to them, presence means being continually, and willingly able to change and grow for the better professionally. It is a person that is empathetic and accepting to others first. When a person have presence they are willing to take risks and are spiritually healthy with themselves.

In my comment:
Hello,
My name is KeNesha Brown. I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. You have gave me a new insight on presence. After reading your blog post, presence is something that teachers should exemplify to their students inside and outside the classroom.  They must be able to change and grow for the better as you mentioned. If teachers don't teach the student s these type of character building skills, they won't know. Overall, I really enjoyed reading your post. Also, I would like to thank you for sharing such a great perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment